Bridal Fashion Debut-Phoenix Convention Center

Phoenix has several types of bridal shows every year; January, February, May, June, August, October, to name a few. The Bridal Fashion Debut is probably the largest show that takes place in both January and June. Since working at Encanterra I got the privilege to host yesterday's Bridal Show with our sister property, Vistancia, and new friend Miss Jenn Olohan.


My weekend therefore looked like this. Friday evening, packed up the Encanterra Yukon with all of my tables, pictures, marketing materials, etc. Saturday morning, woke up at the crack of dawn to drive everything down to the Convention Center (Thanks to my helping hub). Unloaded the Yukon, and set up the booth with linens, pictures, and whatnot. My husband had a genius idea to bring his flatscreen monitor so that we could set up a slideshow. Then after set up, I returned to work for a few more appointments at Encanterra. Sunday morning I woke up early packed up our caramel apple favors and drove down to the convention center to put the finishing touches on our booth. From 7am-5pm it was non stop. Full of smiles and greetings, giving away a free ceremony site, seeing current brides that I adore, seeing my engaged shopping friend Erica that I love, laughing, people watching, networking...Okay, so the show ended at 3pm. Well, I spent the next hour driving around downtown Phoenix in a desperate search for the loading dock. I managed to only get yelled at by 4 traffic patrol personnel, to then successfully park the Encanterra Yukon. Please note that I drive a mini cooper, so my monster truck training is a little limited. Another hour of loading, and off I went. Only to return home to numb feet and a sore throat...talking way to much. I guess the sore throat is kind of due to the fact that we were right next to a DJ's booth bumpin' music all afternoon.

Monday-off to run some errands, run into work for a couple/few hours, then dinner with miss erica sawrey at olive and ivy in Scottsdale, excited :)

Happy Monday Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment